While you may not see it outwardly in regard to the services we provide, we are excited to announce that GCBHS now has the official designation of being a Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC). This was a lengthy undertaking with many of our staff working diligently for hours and hours to bring this change to fruition. Basically, this designation allows us the opportunity to serve our community with greater insight and better resources. It’s a win-win for everyone!
To be eligible to become a CCBHC, the following criteria for provisions and established services had to be met:
- Crisis mental health services
- Screening, assessment and diagnosis, including risk assessment
- Patient-centered treatment planning
- Outpatient mental health and substance use services
- Primary care screening and monitoring of key health indicators / health risk
- Targeted case management
- Psychiatric rehabilitation services
- Peer support and family supports
- Intensive, community-based mental health care for members of the armed forces and veterans
CCBHCs integrate additional services to ensure an approach to health care that emphasizes recovery, wellness, trauma-informed care, and physical-behavioral health integration. These services include, but are not limited to:
- 24/7/365 mobile crisis team services to help people stabilize in the most clinically
appropriate, least restrictive, least traumatizing, and most cost-effective settings.
- Immediate screening and risk assessment for mental health, addictions, and basic
primary care needs to ameliorate the chronic co-morbidities that drive poor health
outcomes and high costs for those with behavioral health disorders.
- Easy access to care with criteria to assure a reduced wait time so those who need services can receive them when they need them, regardless of ability to pay or location of residence.
- Tailored care for active duty military and veterans to ensure they receive the unique health support essential to their treatment.
- Expanded care coordination with local primary care providers, hospitals, other health care providers, social service providers, and law enforcement, with a focus on whole health and comprehensive access to a full range of medical, behavioral and supportive services.
- Commitment to peers and family, recognizing that their involvement is essential for recovery and should be fully integrated into care.
All that to say, we continue to be the premier behavioral health agency in Muskogee and surrounding communities providing quality care by caring people, caring for others. How can we assist you?