Our Recovery Team offers several programs for anyone struggling with substance use issues. We have well-trained staff ready to help with mental health issues and offer peer support, case management, therapy, substance recovery groups, and medication management in an outpatients setting. Our programs utilize evidence-based interventions based in cognitive restructuring and positive reinforcement.
We want you to know there is hope for recovering from addiction to alcohol, opioids, or other substances and that the tools and insight necessary to achieve and sustain sobriety are available.
Recovery Team Goals
- Stabilize & strengthen coping capacity of our clientele through managing cravings/urges
- Increase periods of abstinence.
- Reduce impacts on families and the community
- Instill a sense of self-efficacy with our clients
- Allow clients to focus on behavioral interventions
- Improve clinical outcomes for clients
- Remove barriers to treatment access
- Educate and reduce the stigma surrounding treatment
Recovery Team Objectives
- Decrease illicit substance use
- Reduce transmission of HIV, Hepatitis C, and other STDs
- Reduce risky behaviors and criminal behavior
- Improve social functioning
- Retain clients in treatment
- Decrease overdose and death
We are proud to provide specialized care for:
- Substance misuse of alcohol and illicit drugs such as Methamphetamine, Opiates, Amphetamines, Cocaine, etc.
- Co-occurring (substance use and mental health) disorders such as anxiety, depression, trauma, etc.
- Those recovering from opioid misuse through our MAT (Medication Assisted Treatment) program.
- The prevention of opioid overdose using free NARCAN kits, available to anyone.
We not only help our clients recover from substance use, but we also help our clients change their lives!
GCBHS is funded in part, by the Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services.